Exciting news! Through a generous grant from the Carswell Family Foundation, the RASC is now able to hire a fifth full-time staff member. Applications are open until July 5th, 2019. Apply here.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and liaising with the Account Manager, staff and Board of Directors as required, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator will manage the national marketing and media portfolio and serve as primary communications contact for the Society’s centres and committees. Key responsibilities include assessing operations, defining best practices and increasing awareness of the RASC to support revenue and membership growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing & Communications
Create a national marketing and media plan for internal and external markets, social media and public affairs. Identify promotional opportunities, outcomes and budgets to increase awareness of RASC, its programs, products and member enrolment. Develop and execute marketing strategies. Establish a national media contact list. Create and circulate media releases for astronomy announcements and event promotion. Utilize print and online marketing options including Twitter, Instagram, You Tube etc. Implement targeted member communications to help strengthen member retention. Assist centres and committees with promotion and publicity as required. Establish and lead a Marketing & Communications Committee.
Review and assess centre operations and define national program benchmarks and best practices. Help enable centres to establish and deliver consistent program delivery, optimize member, customer and partner experiences and oversee reporting requirements.
Review and assess committee mandates, membership criteria and budgets. Define national’s expectations of program benchmarks and best practices. Help enable committees to meet scheduled outcomes, report in a timely manner and comply with budgets. Ensure print materials meet corporate standards.
Marketing & Communications:
Initiate and implement RASC marketing and communication strategies to external and internal sectors including member e-bulletins. Establish a media contact list, send releases and keep a record of RASC media coverage. Provide research, background material and best practices models to assist the Executive Director in advocating for policy development and program improvements.
Centres & Committees:
Establish and manage the Society’s schedule of ongoing centre and committee communications and solicit information, updates and reports as required. Establish and maintain current contact information on iMIS, email and direct mail lists. Oversee and coordinate centre and committee submission of quarterly reports to the national office for staff and board review. Schedule webinars and onsite meetings as required.
Other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- a degree in communications, marketing or related field or equivalent experience.
- successful track record in marketing and public relations, established media network
- strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- able to multi-task, meet deadlines.
- able to engage and motivate volunteers
- knowledge of astronomy helpful
Salary & Benefits
- 35-hour work week
- day/evening and possible weekend work hours
- salary range based on experience, $50,000 to $55,000 a year
- generous vacation and sick days
- comprehensive Medical and Dental Benefits
- 1 hour 25 min ago RASC National @rasc RASC is hiring a Marketing and Communications coordinator! Think you have the skills and passion? Find out more det… https://t.co/ULZHUhxQ64
- 2 days 1 hour ago RASC National @rasc #TakemebackTuesday - Today is the anniversary of the shuttle launch STS-7. The mission was particularly notable as… https://t.co/bZAZVFdwSz
- 3 days 2 hours ago RASC National @rasc And that’s a wrap on the 2019 General Assembly! On behalf of the National Office, we would like to thank everyone w… https://t.co/qvsePchb2D